Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
To retire, that is?

I know a lot of it is “pandemic fatigue” but I feel like I’m getting closer and closer to calling it quits.

I’d really hoped to hold out 2 more years, but I’m starting to feel like I won’t make it. I’m feeling increasingly disengaged from my work, there have been changes to my company that I’ve lost patience with, and the structure of my job has changed a lot. (I’m super bored but also irritated all the time....). Also a clear preference by my company for younger people lately.

I’m not quite where I want to be with my stash, but it’s do-able with some juggling, and I’d probably try to find a “bridge job” for a while. On the one hand, it would be really hard to walk away from my salary and benefits, but on the other hand.... I just feel done. (I’ve actually felt this way for a long while, but definitely more pronounced these days....) I’m going to wait for sure until this pandemic stuff is more resolved before I do anything rash.

But curious about how you decided it was finally time. Layoff with a sweet package? Just got to a certain dollar amount and walked away? Realized you hated going to work and figured out how to do it? I know parts of some of your stories, but do tell.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.