No. of Recommendations: 1
How do I go about taking him off the DBA

Not sure, but you register a dba in the first place with the secretary of state's office via a "report of use of fictitious name" form. So maybe the secretary of state would be the place to check?

what does it take to get the bank account switched over?

You use the certificate that the secretary of state sends you after you record your dba (aka "fictitious name") to register the account in the first place, so my guess would be that you use the modified one to change it. It would probably be easier to close the old account and open a new one. Safer, too, because your former roommate wouldn't have access to it.

Just so you know, I get a lot of business because a couple of guys decided to start a business and then discovered they didn't have time - leaving their customers with half-finished projects. You may want to give this course of action some serious consideration before investing more energy, time and money in it. Not that I want to discourage you if this is your heart's desire - I just want to suggest that you go into it with your eyes open. It's not just about what you may do to yourself, but also the lurch you will leave your clients in if you later decide this isn't for you.

In any event, I wish you luck and success.

SoftSimp
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.