Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
How do you stay motivated to do rituals on a regular basis?

Being in a group (actually, several groups) is a big help, because there are always other people to remind me. As I said before, my g/f is a huge help in this way, as I believe I am to her as well. She was in the hospital last full moon (nothing serious, just observation for treatment of an existing condition), and I slacked. But I don't consider myself any less "religious" for it. :)

It's not that I didn't do stuff when I was single; it's just that I was more inclined to, say, go out and just stare at the moon for a while rather than casting a circle -- which is fine, but to me not as fulfilling as a formal circle. (Others feel just the opposite, and I respect that too.) The big problem with me is that something being good for me is never sufficient motivation; like many people I have this internal saboteur. That's why I need help remembering to run, and why I eat hamburgers when I should be eating turkey or salad to be more healthy -- unless someone reminds me.

I've thought about posting stickies around my house and office to remind me of daily observances. For example, I like to acknowledge the four celestial quarters (east at sunrise, south at noon, etc.) but I often forget or get distracted. Maybe I'll do that, see how it works.

El
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.