Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been dating this guy for 2 weeks. We've moved really fast and decided to be exclusive already. We like each other a whole lot and love spending time together. He's also a cheapskate and saves money like crazy (like me).

I haven't been brave enough to bring up the subject of dumpster diving. I'm just so afraid he will get grossed out and want me to stop.

I have a feeling that he will be accepting of it because of his reaction to something I dived. I have a nice large rug covering the floor in my dining room. He asked me where I got it and I told him the truth -- it was draped over a dumpster outside of my apartment complex and I snagged it. He laughed and said that was pretty cool.

I think I'll wait a while though until I tell him that I actively look in dumpsters for stuff. My main thing is food diving and that's the part that people find particularly disgusting.

Dumpster diving may be pretty normal to you and me but to the rest of the population, it's disgusting and eccentric.

How did you tell your SO about your habbit?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.