Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
How does an executor address bank accounts held in a single name after death of the owner? (Texas) Does the executor have to put the balances into an Estate account in order to distribute to heirs or can he distribute directly upon presentation of death certificate and letters testamentary to the pertinent bank(s)? Yes, I know - I will consult my lawyer, just doing a little due diligence

Thank you for your replies.

=====================================
Yes, consult your lawyer. No one here can tell you anything more authoritative.
And you PROBABLY have to have an account for the estate anyway, to handle expenses, and whatever else. Just to have an account to deposit payments made out to the estate. OR to the decedent.

Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.