Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
How does discussing a situation where feeding tube removal is useful depend on the state?

I reviewed my living will with my lawyer a year or so ago when Colorado approved assisted suicide to see if that had an impact. I also have a discussion once a year with my son to review what each of us would want done, even with the living will. Absent the valid document, next of kin can choose what they want and in the absence of the next of kin, it's the medical ethics person/group at the facility.

For feeding tubes(actually separately food and water), there are boxes to check and time frames to chose here.

Be aware if first responders are called for you and there is not a valid document available, you will be revived. How do I know this ? I asked my son (EMT, Paramedic, Firefighter) because I had two different situations where it was a concern.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.