Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I just got an "important" telephone call (so they said)

Dear customer please make a note your computer subscription has expired and it is going to auto renew in order to renew the subscription for your computer $299.00 will be deducted from your account if you don't want to talk to a renewal then please give us a call in our helpline number 845-754-2777 I repeat the number again 845-754-2777 as soon as possible thank you.

I stuck the number into a search engine and got the above. That number seems to be that of a robo-caller (big surprise).

Now how do they make any money from this? They propose to charge what account for the money? Do they suspect I would call that number? I looked their call back number and got this:

The phone number 845-754-2777 is located in or around Westbrookville, NY 12785. This landline number is registered with Citizens Telecomm Co Of Ny Dba Frontier Comm Of Ny. There have been 8 searches conducted for this number overall. There are 8 user comments, the latest received on Wednesday, June 19th, 2019 at 7:11pm and it has been marked as spam 6 times. This number has a current spam score of 80%. Below you will find additional detailed information:

80% Spammer Score

6 Spam Reports

8 Comments

8 Searches
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.