Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Here is the situation in a nutshell. I received a check and corrected W2 from the teaching hospital I worked at during residency in 1995. Yes, almost 20 years ago. Had to do with a law change/case involving work status of residents. DW received on too. Neither check amounts to much in the big scheme of things.

Is it worth the hassle of digging out the old return (if I can find them) and refiling? Or just blow things off as beyond the statute of limitations?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.