Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
How far did K-State fall in this ranking?

Speaking of the Cats, I now understand why the team seemed so distracted in the first half: Coach Snyder cracked down HARD on the players who violated team rules (and they knew this before the game). To name just one example, QB Ell Roberson, who has quite obviously meant so much to the team, experienced the following:

1. Loss of scholarship.
2. Loss of Fiesta Bowl ring.
3. Mandatory community service to youth groups in Manhattan, KS.

Coach Snyder's initial reaction was to suspend all players involved in team violations and send them back to Manhattan (i.e. not to allow them to play in or even be present for the Fiesta Bowl). However, news of "no crime" from the prosecutor's office made him reconsider somewhat so he decided on the above three punishments rather than the suspension and flight home.

As a player, I can see how the "you're off the team and going home" that later becomes "you're losing your scholarship and ring, and you're doing community service" could be a distraction.

Controlling taskmaster that he is, I really love Coach Snyder. The guy understands that morals still have a place in society. I like it. Too bad the team had to suck so hard due to learning this lesson.

Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.