Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
How I found Peace, Tranquility, Nirvana, Bliss, and God, through owning a Garmin GPS.

Do you know where you are? Sure, you can orient yourself by familiar objects yet when you go beyond them do you really know where you are? You may find yourself on a country road yet where are you on that country road but to landmarks either surmised of taken from a map – yet where are you on that map? You may know you are on I5 and between Bellingham and Ferndale and, through mileage markers have a rough idea where you are in relationship with Ferndale, yet where are you exactly and is it important that you know?

Many of us are lost. We do not know our destination but that it's there somewhere. Directions to Aunt Frieda's place contain references known to Aunt Frieda since she is familiar with the territory. You, on the other hand, having never been there don't know 'where the Anderson's used to live'.

Male drivers are not known for asking directions. That's why more men stop at gas stations not for gas or a pee but to ask, “Hey, not that's I'm lost or anything but do you know where the Andersons used to live?” Wives nag for a male to ask for directions but asking directions goes against the combination of testosterone and four-cycle automotive engines.

I was as that until I found Garmin. At my fingers is an instrument commanding 24 satellites put there at great cost by the American military. I press a button, wait a moment and VOILA! I know exactly where I am to an accuracy of a circle less than 20 feet across. I can say with certainty: I AM HERE!

Are you lost in your life? Don't know where to turn? Can't find yourself? Are you between here and there but not knowing where you are on that line between here and there? Despair not. There is a Garmin for you.

I found Garmin and I found myself. I was awry and now I am not. Once I was lost but now I'm found. In the still of the night or in the blaze of the sun there you are. Not left nor right but here.

Brothers and sisters, I'd like you to put your hands together, close your eyes, and ask yourself, “Where am I?” And, if the answer is that you don't know, then Garmin will show you*.

I stand as testament before you: I know where I am. Do you?

MichaelR

*Subject to satellite availability and battery condition.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.