Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

I know that I can make IRA contributions for '99 all the way up until April 15, 2000.

But what about _conversions_ for 1999?

I am wanting to roll-over my 401(k) from the employer I am leaving (this week!) to a traditional IRA, then (probably) convert it to a Roth IRA.

My AGI for '99 is low enough to allow this, and I think I have enough cash easily available in a regular, taxable account to cover the taxes at my '99 tax rate. However, my AGI for 2000 will be too high, between my new job, and the fact that I am getting married. So I don't think I can convert in 2000, and probably not any time after.

Ideas, thoughts, tips/tricks?


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.