Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
How long before "Pending" items expire?

We are just back from a trip and I am verifying credit card charges. There is a Pending charge from 10 days ago. It shouldn't become a charge. It looks like a credit card verification from a hotel that was prepaid. I thought pending normally expired at less than a week.
Print the post Back To Top
vkg,

You wrote, We are just back from a trip and I am verifying credit card charges. There is a Pending charge from 10 days ago. It shouldn't become a charge. It looks like a credit card verification from a hotel that was prepaid. I thought pending normally expired at less than a week.

I think it may be a function of both the credit card company and the merchant. I doubt it will remain more than 30 days.

I once went to South Korea on a business trip. Seven weeks in the same hotel. I had a hold on my card the entire time. I'm pretty sure they asked me for my card once or two just to renew the hold. Of course I also think it rolled off the card a few days after I got back.

But let us know what you experience. I'm curious.

- Joel
No. of Recommendations: 0
All other temporary authorizations have cleared. This one still remains. Since there won't be any transaction posting to clear it, it will remain until it times out. I have checked, and your estimate of a maximum of 30 days is correct. The only problem is that it is annoying me.
Finally, at 14 days the temporary authorization expired.