Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 25

...does it take to kill a board? I wish all you idiot faceless gutless unknowns would go take a flying, but I know the Fool will only conspire to do something to me, perhaps limit my posts to 100 words or something, if I but raise my voice and point out that people who sign up in August 2000 and make there very first post to this board are as completely disingenuous as, well, as Hampsterdam logic. So go ahead, run Bernard out of here, run me out, and enjoy your puerile self-absorbed completely devoid of content games as best you can, you will eventually simply turn the Fool into the pile of uncompromising drivel that its most senior writers have already made the top pages.

jeanpaulsartre
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 14
jeanpaulsartre said: I wish all you idiot faceless gutless unknowns would go take a flying, but I know the Fool will only conspire to do something to me, perhaps limit my posts to 100 words or something, if I but raise my voice and point out that people who sign up in August 2000 and make there very first post to this board are as completely disingenuous as, well, as Hampsterdam logic.

Some of us make our first post to this board as a result of the Best Of feature. You know, the one that shows the most recommended posts for some period of time.

Not all new people drawn here to participate are dopplegangers, searching for a way to victimize you or stalk you. Some of us have simply followed the discussion because it appears continuously as highly recommended. The gods alone know why, but once read, it's hard to resist following the saga.

As an aside, it may be worth noting that you're beginning to sound hysterical. What began with at least some reasonable complaints have now come to seem more like the rantings of the obsessed. You're damaging yourself. Why not give it a rest?
No. of Recommendations: 0
<rantings of the obsessed>
<hysterical>

Thanks. I wouldn't be surprised now if a Stephen King doppel made his way here shortly to enhance this 'saga.'
I don't think we've seen hysterical yet.

Michael
No. of Recommendations: 22

why don't you give it a rest?

OK, try this one. Say the Fool has pulled dozens of your posts that attack, perhaps, the Republican position on abortion. Say then that a doppelganger with no posts comes in here and suggests that the only Fool product that will make you happy is an inflatable doll. Say you FoolAlert the post three times, and call it for what it is, an assault on your sexuality, an entirely personal insult, in complete violation of the so-called "rules", and still they don't pull that post, even though your posts about general issues of concern to America are pulled with impunity.

Say after one post insulting me that Hogwash12345 appears on Moonbucks Favorite Fools list.

Yeah, we did have a lot of good content here, and people found favor with the rec button enough to draw attention to it. But the Fool does not apply the same rules to longstanding posters as it does to its most disruptive elements, and the content is sanbagged through it. Entirely contrary to the most dynamic nature of cyberspace, the Fool wants you following only the Fool, making TomDave media darlings and buying the products, and definitely does not want you to form communities on your own. So I don't really feel like giving it a rest.

Not yet, anyway. If you want good content only, and can't stomach the conflict that necessarily comes along with it, then go buy a magazine.

jeanpaulsartre

No. of Recommendations: 4
jeanpaulsatre wrote: So I don't really feel like giving it a rest.

Your prerogative. My point was only that you're doing your own cause more damage than any of your enemies, and that not all who disagree with you or who think you may be over the edge are engaged in a dastardly plot against you.
No. of Recommendations: 17
I have just read all 13 of your posts. You seem to be genuinely interested in TMF view of the world and buy in to some degree. Fine. Good. I think we all hope it works well for you and that you find wealth and comfort there.

On the other hand. You really do not understand how sick some of the people on the off topic boards are. Don't just try to get a grasp on the highest recs, you really will not understand where the discussion is coming from. Take a look at the boards with the greatest number of posts over the course of a day or week and ask yourself, do I want these people coming to my house?

Correlate the two and find that houses have been invaded. Also realize that because the police would rather some houses and some inhabitants did not exist, they are not answering the 911 phone. It isn't paranoia. It is a history of observing fact since before June, July or August.

Again, good luck with your investments. Thanks for stopping by. Lock your doors.
No. of Recommendations: 8
ScubaSimpleton wrote: I have just read all 13 of your posts. You seem to be genuinely interested in TMF view of the world and buy in to some degree. Fine. Good. I think we all hope it works well for you and that you find wealth and comfort there.

I'm somewhat confused. Why read my previous posts? Did you think I had some agenda in commenting other than the stated? That I was, perhaps, a doppleganger come to continue this stalking? I don't mind, you understand, but it's not clear to me what motivated you to bother. Was there something so inflammatory in what I said that you felt the need to make sure I wasn't one of the Bad Guys?

I am genuinely interested in the investing approach presented by the Fool. I haven't bought into anything, however. I have my own ideas, and use many sources to expand those ideas. But I don't believe the Fool (or anything or anyone else, for that matter) has "answers". Simply perspectives that may or may not be of value to me.

I appreciate the good wishes.

You wrote: You really do not understand how sick some of the people on the off topic boards are. Don't just try to get a grasp on the highest recs, you really will not understand where the discussion is coming from. Take a look at the boards with the greatest number of posts over the course of a day or week and ask yourself, do I want these people coming to my house?

Clearly, the world is full of lunatics, here, there and everywhere. While they can occasionally be entertaining, and are often annooying, permitting them to drive you to the madhouse along with them is counterproductive. They can really only make you as crazy as you permit them to, particularly in an on-line world where you can define the limits of your interactions.

you wrote: Correlate the two and find that houses have been invaded. Also realize that because the police would rather some houses and some inhabitants did not exist, they are not answering the 911 phone. It isn't paranoia. It is a history of observing fact since before June, July or August.

I'm not denying your point of view, which may or may not be accurate. To be honest, it makes no real difference to me.

I'm simply saying that overdramatizing the whole thing, turning it into melodrama fit for weekday afternoon consumption, accomplishes nothing. It doesn't win converts, and it won't begin a groundswell of opinion.

That's not to say that people don't have a right to their opinions, but generally, expressing an opinion is intended to serve some purpose. Whatever that purpose was in the beginning is not now being served by this on-going whatever-it-is. It simply discredits the speaker and his point. People who sympathize and understand will eventually stop listening to even the most entertaining soap opera.

Even those with reason to be paranoid can beat their drums so loudly and long that it becomes nothing but background clamor instead of conveying a message.

But really, this exchange itself has gone on two posts past any usefulness it might have had. I didn't intend to engage in a debate or take a side. It just seemed to me that perhaps some of the participants had lost track of what they wanted to accomplish, or had forgotten how they might appear to the casual observer. Having put in my two cents, I believe I'll just go back to what I was doing.
No. of Recommendations: 15
I'm simply saying that overdramatizing the whole thing, turning it into melodrama fit for weekday afternoon consumption, accomplishes nothing. It doesn't win converts, and it won't begin a groundswell of opinion.

Yes. I could agree to a certain extent. You're welcome to commence content as you would see appropriate.

Maybe after the fourth or fifth time you've spent two hours on a post, only to have it FoolAlerted and then yanked in a few nanoseconds--maybe then you'll see what the fuss is all about.

It's awfully presumptious for you to stride in here and tell everyone what's melodrama and what accomplishes nothing. Most of the people here are the whole reason there are off-topic boards in the first place here (the Fool didn't want them, we just did it ourselves). Most of the people here have had more identities slain than you have even established. Most of the people here have had personal email addressed to them of such inflamatory content from anonymous witches and warlocks that they've only sought each other's solace in each other's company.

So yes, someone new occasionally strides in, rides the crest of the wave that others have made happen, and declares it all beneath them.

I find it curious that you wouldn't send an email before you post, to at least solicit some of the history. Again, and to yet another poster: if you've loved the board so much for so long, or even loved it for a short while--why didn't you ever send a personal note to someone, saying, "Hey, good job, I don't always agree, but I really appreciate it?"

jeanpaulsartre
No. of Recommendations: 11
<<I'm somewhat confused. Why read my previous posts?>>

Perspective. I wanted to know what your history was, since you are new here. I wanted to know what your other interests were. I wanted to know if your born on date was August.

<<Did you think I had some agenda in commenting other than the stated?>>

Always a possibility here. Check the history of some of the recent posts. There isn't any.

<<That I was, perhaps, a doppleganger come to continue this stalking?>>

No, just not prejudging.

<<I don't mind, you understand, but it's not clear to me what motivated you to bother. Was there something so inflammatory in what I said that you felt the need to make sure I wasn't one of the Bad Guys?>>

No, I just wanted to know more about you, than you know about what has been going on here.
No. of Recommendations: 1
You know what I respect? I repect the fact that there was a thread on NADA that went on for over a week entitled "JJinLA is Fugly" and JJ never bitched or whined about it. Now I have spent many a post warring with JJ's doppels but I think it's a cheap shot to start a thread like that about anybody. I almost FA'd it, and I wish I had. Don't let paranoia take the joy out of your life, man. These boards are not real life. They're a diversion from real life. All this stuff about 'they're out to get us', is starting to wear like a two dollar coat from Goodwill...
No. of Recommendations: 5
Now I have spent many a post warring with JJ's doppels
Have you? Name 'em. Go ahead. I'd be curious to know how deep your knowledge about JJ's supposed doppels runs.

but I think it's a cheap shot to start a thread like that about anybody.
You obviously missed the entire point, and this only further encourages my belief that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I almost FA'd it, and I wish I had. Don't let paranoia take the joy out of your life, man.
Take your own advice. If JJ wanted something about himself FA'd, he's a big boy and is certainly capable of hitting the Problem Post hyperlink all by himself.

- T.
No. of Recommendations: 2
jeanpaulsarte -

I don't intend to be rude or abandon the discussion. It's simply that I've said everything I had to say and would rather not be drawn into an argument about it. I'm sure we both have some degree of correctness on our sides, and it's clear that we are by no means convincing each other.

Given that, I yield the podium.
<< Now I have spent many a post warring with JJ's doppels >>

Have you? Name 'em. Go ahead. I'd be curious to know how deep your knowledge about JJ's supposed doppels runs.

I'd be curious too. I apparently must have forgotten who many of my doppels are, as a people seem to think that I have more doppels than I can remember.
ive counted 78 doppels JJ uses
and thas the visible ones ...
must be couple 100 more...

No. of Recommendations: 14
ive counted 78 doppels JJ uses
and thas the visible ones ...
must be couple 100 more...

Couple of hundred?

Couple of hundred?

Dream on! Out of the three million or so registered users that TMF claims, at least half are probably doppel of JJ. I know I am. On this board he is the only regular poster. That's right, except for occasional drop ins like yourself it's just JJ.

Here's the real kicker. Not only is JJ everyone on this board, he is BOTH Tom AND Dave Gardner. That's right! The so called Gardners are really just JJ.

Shocking, isn't it?

TMFJJinLA

Hey JPS,

Just wanted to say "Hey, good job, I don't (always) agree, but I really appreciate it."

As some people here have said, I think you all do care, as long time Fools, what direction this company takes. Hell, you've invested a lot of time here, and it's totally natural for you to expect the best as such. Yes, I may not agree with some or most of what you all talk about. However, particularly on this board which is within the Investment Club domain (i.e. semi-private), I think you're more than welcome to discuss the Foolish direction. It's certainly has more excitement than your everyday stock board and that's what OT boards were intended for.

I can sympathize with all of your concerns about stalking. Though near as I can tell 99% would be solved not by spending many hours on some anti-stalking app. Rather it seems that most of you have issues with maybe 2-3 posters and their relevant doppels. Addressing that aspect (and I can understand your frustrations) is the quickest solution to the problem.

With Soapbox, only time will tell. And disclosure, though you've heard it before, is truly on its way; though I'm not sure when. As far as the FA and post pulling goes, perhaps it is human error and perhaps because you all are among the most vocal, you are also among the most visible which inevitably leads to more intense scrutiny of said posts.

But by and large, I appreciate you sticking around and voicing your concerns. Yes, it's irritating at times, and yes, sometimes there is the feeling of "will anything please these guys." However, without discontent, a company does not have the ability to evaluate all the possible directions even though we might not follow your subtle suggestions.

So once more "Hey, good job, I don't (always) agree, but I really appreciate it."

Fool On!

Kinsey

No. of Recommendations: 7
Why is he hiding behind those billowy skirts of yours?

First off, I haven't worn a skirt in ages. I can't recall the last time I wore one that might be described as "billowy". Simply not my style.

Secondly, in your last post, you wank about "cheap shots" and then go ahead and make one yourself. Isn't that special!

Why are you dodging my questions? Have no good answer?

Of course you don't.

Chicken.

- Tera.
Why are you dodging my questions? Have no good answer?

Of course you don't.

Chicken.

- Tera.

I believe "chickenshit" would be the more appropriate term in this circumstance, but that is just me.
I believe "domesticatedpoultryfecalmatter*" would be the more appropriate term in this circumstance, but that is just me.

Of course it is, Ned... a MUCH better term.

However, I want my post to stand a bit longer than 30.2 seconds.

- T.

* - My "word", not Ned's.
Why are you dodging my questions?

Read your own post - you posed one question - singular.

Name JJ's Doppels?

You're right, JJ has no doppels, I was totally mistaken. (ok tippy?). Actually no-one I've ever come across on these boards has a doppel, it's all a strategy to divert attention from the dark purpose of TMF, yada, yada...
"domesticatedpoultryfecalmatter*"

* - My "word", not Ned's.

I have never used "domesticatedpoultryfecalmatter" in my life.
No. of Recommendations: 11

Though near as I can tell 99% would be solved not by spending many hours on some anti-stalking app. Rather it seems that most of you have issues with maybe 2-3 posters and their relevant doppels. Addressing that aspect (and I can understand your frustrations) is the quickest solution to the problem.

Thanks. It still looks funny from my POV. On the one hand, you've had no problem killing laopera and deSilentio, two identities that contributed much content here, none of which were really unknown to be me. On the other, I see fun2beme/Moonbucks is still posting here, flaming Nedd now, even though everybody here has her in the PBox and nobody here has encouraged her, not one post, in six months.

I don't know how to solve this either, now. Without private boards it seems impossible. That's why most people here are posting more to myevents than here--the only reason. Until the Fool can do something, it seems unlikely that content of any kind can return without this considerable draining obfuscation.

jeanpaulsartre
flaming Nedd now

Earth to JeanLucPicard, ...who died and made you the evil overload of this board?

Ned fired the first shot and I'm sure he's hunkered in his bunker with his dictionary looking up 'Chimpion', and in a few weeks will come up with a suitable response consisting of words of one syllable...

I enjoy some of your content, but this whiney, woe is me, paranoia thing is becoming pathological. If I want whiney, paranoid, I can call up my ex-wife...take it down a notch or two, eh comrade?
No. of Recommendations: 8
If I want whiney, paranoid, I can call up my ex-wife...

So are you a bisexual or a transexual?
lameport escribo:
So are you a bisexual or a transexual?

limport usted got deez on you mind? Why you wants deez?
You needs go to de church and hablo a su priest in deez confession, no?
<What does it feel like to have to drive four hundred miles with a dying cat>

WHAT?? I DEMAND to know more, g*# d*@m it!!!

P
And of course the other half are laopera.

That's me. I'm really laopera.

Z
WHAT?? I DEMAND to know more, g*# d*@m it!!!

No, you don't. You really don't.

Z
<And of course the other half are laopera.
That's me. I'm really laopera.>

I'm confident that when full discussion board disclosure finally kicks in, we'll discover that over
80% of Foolish posts have been authored by JJ, Laop, Tom/Dave.

Tom
<I'm confident that when full discussion board disclosure finally kicks in, we'll discover that over
80% of Foolish posts have been authored by JJ, Laop, Tom/Dave>

Even that's a conservative estimate IMO.

T
No. of Recommendations: 7
Hey guys.. I am going to say before you even read further, that I am indeed going to start with a so called "Bitty Rant", something that several of you aren't used to,some of you know very well, and it may be the first and only time I do it to this board., because it means I am going to unload with thoughts that don't go with the grain..or the norm and I offer my odd outlook on things. But, that's ok, I'm not afraid..LOL, I think I'll make sense if some of you can honestly look at what I'm saying....yeah..yeah..yeah....

Ok,first of all, I have to say...let's break this down into different categories, because it deserves that...I hear of "doppels" yet I have none(guess I am the misfit:-(..) ....perhaps I somewhere missed the reason I needed one, since I am honest with who I am... what I say...I approach this board (well TMF)because I trade stocks(even though the fool does not like Day traders, we are ever becoming the norm in the new world.....You too can "come with me Luke..to the dark side"_:-) But I am who I am..like me or not, (I like me) don't need a reason to support any point of view I have under another name.But, what eggsactly is the point of a "doppel"? I mean really, what are some of you defending? Have you really given that any thought? To be able to post under a different name? Before ya'll jump this thought..and give me some point of.."because it's our god given right".....think of the hypocracy in condemning then those that collect doppels and "cyber stalk"..... Are any of you wondering why I am passionate about this?? some of you don't care?? I am indeed the victim of a cyber stalker...... in a very bad way..and I have to say..so what if Kim removes my post at this point for saying a word that is predefined as not acceptable(and yes I have been out right pissed about it)...but..what if she removes the deliberate stalking attacks I have received? So I ask, in a diplomatic way, where do you place the blame? With TMF for removing what is asked to be removed? Or do you blame them for not removing what you ask to be removed? Where is the line drawn? I'll gladly support Kim in removing one of my posts (some for which I question, and yeah, like everyone else here get pissed off about), but if she keeps the sickos off my @$$, then dang, I gotta say..I take the adversarial position and have to say, "Thank you". Like I said, I get pissed too....especially when I'm having fun..and I'm not one that is short of imagination, mild with words, nor shy in my approach..so..... yeah... I push the limits... do I deserve to be removed at times? (I hate to admit this, but yeah, I do)...

Really give some consideration to what I am saying here... the fool is not why you invented this board... yet, you gripe about the stalkers and their approaches..where do they draw the line? Where do we? You invented this board to do your thing... express yourself..so express yourself..., @ssholes are going to follow you anywere you go if they want to..trust me on this one... so is that the fools fault? Nope... so deal with it the best way you can.... look over the crap.....and do your thing.... (we've done a real good job of it on the day trading board),,it just takes people realizing the power of their own situation.... and you are indeed in charge in an odd way around things..what happens to this board....

I hope I am underestood in the way I mean this post... and I hope it's read with open minds and a true meaning for looking at this situation. I'll leave this my last post to this board for awhile, for one, to spare myself the anger that it may cause, (for being accused of whatever may come).. But I do mean well....if I told you stories of being a person that a poster here took the time to duplicate and write several other posters as "me' here, to take the time to pretend to be married to me, and inform (falsely) that I am insane, a commited mental patient, and in an attempt to help me through the boards, would you thank the Fool for removing this stuff? Would you be upset about what was removed uncalled for at times? yeah..but you'd still be damn thankful for them listening to YOU. I've lived in fear.... I've lived with ridicule...uncalled for..only posting to one board..... offering stock info..in my way at times... As I said, I hope I'm making sense to some of you here.... without going into horrid details.... I just had to say this tonight..regardless if you guys welcome my opinion at a later date or not..... as always in life..."there is give" and "there is take"... if you are capable of understanding the in between...then things balance...

Guesss this wasn't a true Bitty rant..just a thinking outloud....
Life is full of choices...

Sincerely,
1ncbitin
Pam
No. of Recommendations: 6
perhaps I somewhere missed the reason I needed one, since I am honest with who I am...

So were we. Our doppels weren't a secret. People knew who we were. We didn't create them to stalk. We created them to entertain. We developed personalities for our doppels. You can say our alter egos. It was all for fun. One was a secret agent, one was a Mexican bottler who hated elitists, one was a Mata Hari, one was a fisherman catching illegal Elians. We didn't try to be "normal" people posting to trick people into conversations.
Ned said:
Here's the real kicker. Not only is JJ everyone on this board, he is BOTH Tom AND Dave Gardner. That's right! The so called Gardners are really just JJ.

I know one doppel that is not JJ. I tried to get JJinLV set up, and TMF disallowed it. Obviously Ned is right, JJ, like Elvis, is everywhere. It's a conspiracy.

Rick
No. of Recommendations: 5
JJ, like Elvis, is everywhere.

JJ needs boats. JJ needs boats.

JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ JJ needs boats!
No. of Recommendations: 10
perhaps I somewhere missed the reason I needed one, since I am honest with who I am...

Let's try to put it in the context of underwear. Some days you feel like wearing plain white cotton, some days you feel like wearing leopard print satin. That's all the expressive doppels are for - a change a pace, a change of mood.

The disruptive, cowardly doppels, on the other hand, are the ones placing bids for soiled panties on eBay.

Mitten
No. of Recommendations: 6
I know one doppel that is not JJ. I tried to get JJinLV set up, and TMF disallowed it. Obviously Ned is right, JJ, like Elvis, is everywhere. It's a conspiracy.

Damn right, only I ain't choking myself on 'scrips the way Elvis did.

My most impressive feat to date is that Vegas trip. I had to hire actors to play all my doppels.
Only later did I realize that everyone there was only really me. I could have dispensed with the doppel-actors altogether, only then I wouldn't have any pictures to show to my doppels who didn't go.

TomDaveTrickNedinLA
bids for soiled panties on eBay.

I got mucho of theez in mio glove box. Somejuan geev me dinero por eso?
Speaking of eBay, I had a fellow who was bidding against me in order to drive the price of an item up (it wound up being a bootleg, but that's another story). When I figured out who he was, with some tricky detective work, including IM'ing both identities separately, and reported it, he got kicked off of eBay.

One for the good guys....