Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
If one or two protesters head out, start smashing windows, blocking traffic, maybe doing a little trashing of police cars, they would probably get smacked and put in jail for quite some time.

But what if 50 do it.

Or 100, 200, 1000, 2000? Just where does the rioters 'safety in numbers' theory kick in?

Inquiring minds would like to know cause I'm bored and could use a little fun and I know a lot of old folks that feel like I do.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Also the media hasn't said one word about how unsafe these protests/riots are as there are thousands gathering in different cities around the country and some outside the country as well with no social distancing, most without masks, etc.

Just a few weeks ago the media was criminalizing Americans for visiting beaches and swimming in large groups, etc. 100's of news stories of how selfish and unsafe these people were being. This pales in comparison to the numbers, frequency, and locations these protests/riots are bringing together, why isn't the media holding these irresponsible people accountable???? We are still fighting Covid-19? yes?
No. of Recommendations: 2
We are still fighting Covid-19? yes?

Yes.

The problem is simple: The protesters/rioters tend to be mostly younger (sub-30), so they have the feeling they are "invincible" for the time being. Sound familiar? When it hits, they WILL be crying for medical care paid by the govt or their parents (if still in school). Sound familiar again?
"Yes.

The problem is simple: The protesters/rioters tend to be mostly younger (sub-30), so they have the feeling they are "invincible" for the time being. Sound familiar? When it hits, they WILL be crying for medical care paid by the govt or their parents (if still in school). Sound familiar again? "

The bigger question you didn't answer is why was the media so hard on some groups of people partying together, yet multiply that by 10,000 with all the people, everyday, in all the cities, and around the world protesting and rioting? The media has not criticized them regarding unsafe/irresponsible actions regarding Covid-19, why would they try to destroy a group of 50 swimmers but not a word about 100,000's of protestors/rioters?
No. of Recommendations: 0
But what if 50 do it.

Or 100, 200, 1000, 2000? Just where does the rioters 'safety in numbers' theory kick in?

As a group becomes larger, it becomes easier for people to lose a sense of personal responsibility for personal behavior and subsume their own egos in the identity of a “mob”.

And though there is no unanimity on where that number lies, a common number bandied about is 24.

So- two dozen, more or less.

This is also why it is easier to control a group of 30 than it is to control a group of six or seven.
Also the media hasn't said one word about how unsafe

Not true.

Not only “not true”, but grossly untrue.
Also the media hasn't said one word about how unsafe these protests/riots are as there are thousands gathering in different cities around the country and some outside the country as well with no social distancing, most without masks, etc.

I heard it mentioned multiple times.
"Also the media hasn't said one word about how unsafe these protests/riots are as there are thousands gathering in different cities around the country and some outside the country as well with no social distancing, most without masks, etc."

Your assertions are simply not true. For example:

Protests raise concerns about coronavirus spread, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/01/world/coronavirus-live-up...

Officials warn protests could set off new wave of infections, https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/01/coronavirus...

Meanwhile, Mr. Trump seems to have lost interest in coronavirus: Fauci says meetings with Trump have dramatically decreased, https://abcnews.go.com/Health/coronavirus-updates-us-sends-m...

I found these examples in about 2 minutes.
The bigger question you didn't answer is why was the media so hard on some groups of people partying together, yet multiply that by 10,000 with all the people, everyday, in all the cities, and around the world protesting and rioting?

Ever heard the phrase "if you owe the bank $100,000, you have a problem. If you owe the bank a billion dollars, the bank has a problem"?

If 100 people are rioting, those people have a problem. If 100,000 are rioting, society has a problem.

You can't throw "America" in jail, however many for-profit prisons there are.

If one or two protesters head out, start smashing windows, blocking traffic, maybe doing a little trashing of police cars, they would probably get smacked and put in jail for quite some time.

But what if 50 do it.

I'm sure there's an algorithm -- and if there's not, there should be.

In the meantime the number of protestors has something to do with how many unarmed black men and women have been shot by cops or neighbors.

But what if 50 do it.

Inquiring minds would like to know cause I'm bored and could use a little fun and I know a lot of old folks that feel like I do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Watts riots were finally stopped by sending in the Nationsl Guard to make a massive number of arrests.

The rioters and looters are hitting high end stores every night. They are NOT going to stop....until they are FORCED to stop!

White people have pretty much stopped ALL of the rioting and looting in Portland Oregon. Last night, the protesters there were overwhelmingly white, and there was NO rioting or looting at all last night.

Bean