Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am seriously thinking about buying alittle aapl and was wondering how many of the faithful actually owned any. I just bought a new Powerbook 266 G3 to update my first generation PPC 7100/66. And to be honest I was feeling a little dumb not investing in stock to paralell my investment in hardware. Any thoughts?
I have been following the stock from roughly early january when it was around $13 all the way to $42 or so. Curious... Matt.
Print the post Back To Top
I have owned Apple for almost 10 years now and be with it through the ups and downs and made money all the way,

Rod
I have some apple and am especially interested in the new Job committment to schools. I teach in a school where they recently flooded almost every classroom with the little i-macs...I don't particularly like them myself (they seem a little flimsy) but people love their cuteness and ease. I am also heartened by the coming i-mac type laptop. I'll probably get one just because of the low price and I'm betting that so will a lot of other people.
I owne it!

Merry Christmas!
I purchased Apple stock mainly on emotion about 18 months ago. I believe in the company and their products. I did not do extensive research about PE ratios or earnings etc. I understand buying on emotion is not good investor sense, that I have since learned. But Apple is here to stay.
Long Live AAPL (S.Jobs for President)
Terry
Terry:
I'm another "emotional buyer" of 250 shares at 16 1/8 in July of 1997. Sure, it might not be the "wise" thing to do, but you know, something you just got to go with that *gut* feeling! :-)

In for the long run ...

Paul
Hi MattofMac,

I started accumulating AAPL shares once Steve Jobs became interim CEO, and while the share price was still under $20. Currently, AAPL represents 25% of my portfolio, so I probably won't buy more, though it's still tempting at present price levels.

Regards,

Jonathan
The amazing thing about Apple's recovery is that the iMac is selling to computer novices and not just in schools! Steve Jobs has really struck a cord with buyers that a simpler, better looking PC was needed and bam-- the iMac is the best selling PC this Christmas season. When they add their iMac laptop that'll sell well too and lets not forget that Apple has some neat systems up it's sleeves. This company will be moving up after years of being in the dumps.
I have owned AAPL since New Years Day 1998. I beleive I bought at $18 I bought again at $23 before the next quarters earning estimates in the spring. I have had no regrets.

At the time the stock was suffering from a panic of people that thought that apple would go out of business. I thought that this was absurd at the time as apple customers weren't just going to roll over and start using PCs in my humble opinion.

Buying apple during a panic was a no brainer for me. The stock was depressed beyond reasonable levels based on ideas that were ludicrous.

I am still holding. I don't expect to see HUGE growth over the next year like I did last year but the show is definitely not over.

Apple has shown that it can introduce new products, bring back developers, and pull in 1 year of profit. I suspect that they should get a good bump out of the next quarter, particularly if they introduce a new Newton type device with the same success as iMac, or if they start a web portal.

I'd say buy just on the basis that your bound to get a decent return over 12 months. Spectacular returns I can't comment on buy I'd be suprised if this stock were not 50% higher in a year just because there is still so much skepticism in apple that is still wearing away (just look at the P/E compared to the direction that the company is obviously going)

I have owned AAPL since New Years Day 1998. I beleive I bought at $18 I bought again at $23 before the next quarters earning estimates in the spring. I have had no regrets. I figured I might as well match my purchase of a new laptop with a purchase of stock.

At the time the stock was suffering from a panic of people that thought that apple would go out of business. I thought that this was absurd at the time as apple customers weren't just going to roll over and start using PCs in my humble opinion.

Buying apple during a panic was a no brainer for me. The stock was depressed beyond reasonable levels based on ideas that were ludicrous.

I am still holding. I don't expect to see HUGE growth over the next year like I did last year but the show is definitely not over.

Apple has shown that it can introduce new products, bring back developers, and pull in 1 year of profit. I suspect that they should get a good bump out of the next quarter, particularly if they introduce a new Newton type device with the same success as iMac, or if they start a web portal.

I'd say buy just on the basis that your bound to get a decent return over 12 months. Spectacular returns I can't comment on buy I'd be suprised if this stock were not 50% higher in a year just because there is still so much skepticism in apple that is still wearing away (just look at the P/E compared to the direction that the company is obviously going)