Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
How nice of you to post here considering that you're fat, more often than not inebriated and Draegerman's butt of jokes.

Ouch. Geez, Mike, that's kinda hurtful, doncha think? It just goes to show you how rumors can proliferate. A couple of years ago, when Draegerman and I first met, he assumed from my "handle" that I was a corpulent, drunken, slob with no social redeeming value, while I assumed that he wore women's clothes and lived to someday dance the Tango with the first string of the Dallas Cowboys Football team. He was completely wrong, and I was only partially right. There is no hard evidence that Draegerman wears women's clothing, but he DOES seem to have an unnatural liking for all things relating to the Cowboys, specifically Troy Aikman. But enough about that.

My handle actually came from one of my former co-workers at a Christmas party about 10 years ago. The DJ was playing the Christmas favorite "Silver and Gold" from the cartoon "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", and my co-worker remarked how much I looked like Burl Ives with my glasses, beard, and mustache. Somehow, the name stuck. I still hate that effing song.

Have you cut back on the case-of-beer-a-day?

Another complete falsehood. The last time I drank a case of beer by myself was about 25 years ago, and it took me a whole weekend. I may make it through a six-pack after a particularly grueling week, but the next day I usually feel so lousy that I won't touch the stuff for a month or so. Does that make me a bad person?

Draegerman is Special Forces....

This part is true, but the mission of The Green Berets is much more than just killing. Go here to read more about these special soldiers: http://www.navyseals.com/dropzone/interro/tracy.html

On the other hand, I suppose you could look at it another way in these politically correct times. Since Special Education is for those kids that generally have a problem with learning, I think we can assume that Special Forces is for those soldiers that, well... you get the idea.

One final note. If you think Draegerman is alone in his opinion of himself and his abilities, go here and read the part about how a SF soldier is seen by himself and others. http://www.sfalx.com/h_sf_soldier.htm

Foolishly,

Burle, JiT

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.