Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife and I recently started DRiP plans (INTC and JNJ) for our Niece's two kids.

These are custodial accounts with one of the parents as custodians for each child, with the child's SSN used to report to the IRS.

The Dividends this year will probably be under $5 for each account.

I am trying to get knowledgable about what (if any?) filings to the IRS need to be done. To be safe, I am going to assume that they will need to submit a 1040ez to declare the dividend income, but will owe no taxes due to personal exemptions.

Information from anyone who has been through this before will be appreciated.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.