No. of Recommendations: 0
I have half of my 457b in growth stock and plan to keep it that way, give or take a few percentages.

The other 50% is in what I call my "Stable" side of investments.
Below the line is what my 457b plan with VOYA says about this fund, which is titled "Active Fixed Income".

My question is how stable is this part of my portfolio (Active Fixed Income Fund) if a recession happens?
I know the "growth" part of my portfolio will just have to wait out a recession.
Which I can easily do on the beach in Costa Rica with just my pension and social security checks.
Of course, there is always the chance that I will meet a new ex wife. . .

=========================================
Active Fixed Income Option

Objective: This option seeks to provide a higher level of current earnings than the Short-Term Fixed Option by investing in fixed income securities with a range of maturities, including U.S. Treasury and corporate securities with limited exposure to high-yield and foreign fixed income securities.

Strategy: The option invests primarily in intermediate term bonds with maturities ranging from three to ten years. The option provides a blended performance of the following three mutual funds:
33.3% BlackRock Debt Index
33.3% DoubleLine Total Return Bond Fund
33.3% Wellington Trust Capital Core Bond Plus Fund
The benchmark for this option is the Barclays Aggregate Bond Index.

Expenses*: 0.18%

Investment Option Information

Ticker symbols may not be available for underlying investments. For more information, refer to the respective investment provider’s web site.

================================================================

The only one more conservative is the "Stable Value Option":

================================================================
"Category: Stable Value

Objective: This option seeks to provide stability of principal plus stable, predictable returns that are competitive with other fixed income investments with similar risks.

Strategy: The option provides a blended portfolio of investments managed by:
100% Galliard Capital Management

The benchmark for this option is the 91-Day Treasury Bill and the 5-year Constant Maturing Treasury (CMT)."
==================================
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.