No. of Recommendations: 0
Great Fool On The Hill!

I'd like to comment on another “company” who's also hard to label at times - Johnson & Johnson (JNJ). I work for Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics (OCD), just one of the more than 155 Johnson & Johnson family of companies. J&J companies most often represent the technological or quality leaders in their respective niche but are often companies who are unable to prosper financially for various reasons. Being owned by J&J contributes immense marketing power and financial savvy. Witnessing this transformation first hand has convinced me this parenthood is serving the client company, investors, and the public buy improving efficiency and making useful and sometimes unique products available to the marketplace.

We at OCD also watched and interesting phenomenon during the past couple years. When tech stocks were rising, J&J was often falling to very attractive levels. While our Wise co-workers were in utter anguish over their 401k stock performance, for those of us Fools inside, this was a great opportunity to buy more shares. Now that much of the tech sector has fallen, J&J has risen back to it's more normal trading range.

Always makes me feel good to work for a company doing good stuff for the world and apparently considered a safe haven by the investment community. Maybe you can really have your cake and eat it too!

Cheers,

Rick (a.k.a. GliderGuy who also owns: JNJ, MSFT, CSCO, ORLY, ITWO, JDSU, BRK.B, DELL, NT, NOK, SLR, TNL)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.