How to break down a whole chicken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z7KU7WHr3M
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Never mind. We figured it out.

Vermonter
I would worry about salmonella in refrigerated raw pre-breaded chicken, especially in a small town where the food doesn't have quick turnover. Or that it was heavily soaked in ammonia or bleach or something to prevent food poisoning. I should think already cooked chicken, or raw chicken that you bread yourself, would be safer.
She just baked them at 400 degrees for whatever time she usually does. We didn't experience problems, and they tasted fine, but she plans to show the grocer the label and ask why there were no instructions other than "handling instructions".

Vermonter
Bought these, refrigerated...

I do hope that they were on sale!

I never buy chicken cutlets. I buy breasts when they are on sale or cut the breast off of a whole chicken. Cut them horizontally into cutlets. If you like them very thin, you can pound them out a little.

I also like to use my own home-made bread crumbs which I have seasoned with my favorite herbs and spices and some grated cheese.

These can be baked or pan-fried.

Christina
Christina:

We buy most things on sale; these were, too.

Anyway, I asked the night we cooked them. They were fine, so 'tis a done deal now! ;) Thanks!

Vermonter
Never mind. We figured it out.

i should hope so.

But expecting a response in under 3 hours?
with the traffic that TMF now gets - that's a pretty high expectation.

It's breaded chicken - bake @350 for 20-25 (ish) minutes.
take out a piece and see if it's done - if not, put it back in.

or maybe put a little oil in a pan and gently place in a cutlet when th eoil gets hot - flip after a couple minutes.
Probably done when golden brown.

peace & patience
t
We buy most things on sale...

So do I. Except when I get a real yen for something that I just "gotta have". Then I'll splurge. WTH, I'm usually only cooking for one (myself)!!

Anyway, I asked the night we cooked them. They were fine, so 'tis a done deal now!

Yes, but you never know when they might be on sale again! Or when you might get a yen for them.

Christina
How to break down a whole chicken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z7KU7WHr3M