Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi!

I recently became a USAA member. I had heard that they are the best thing around for insurance. Indeed, the auto policy was significantly better priced than my current insurer (Met Life, which was bought by Farmers). Their homeowners was actually a little more expensive, though, but overall, I would save money

My primary concern, though, is more about claim satisfaction. How good/bad or other are each insurer to deal with, after disaster strikes...?

I found a website which gave tips on how to do your due diligence. The first tip was to look at complaint ratios on your state's regulator page. I checked on this, and in my state, MetLife had the highest score (this is a bad thing), with (to my surprise!) USAA very close to it in ratings! The lowest (best) ratios were Amica and NJM.

I am wondering if this is a fair number to look at, as USAA has far fewer policies in my state than the others.

Any tips on how to evaluate this? Everyone I know with USAA is thrilled with them, but they havent had claims...

As an aside: Farmers had a decent rating-- I am not sure if I should compare MetLife or Farmers here...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Few people know that they can file a complaint with the State Insurance Commissioner. There are likely 100 dissatisfied customers for every complaint filed.

You probably need to evaluate the complaints in terms of "complaints per 1,000 customers" to adjust for the wide range in size of each company's book of business in the state.

intercst
Print the post Back To Top