Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I ran across an old post on a web forum I read. The question was about how someone would file when when they have two or more sole-proprietor businesses. No one could answer that question. The poster had tried to get a separate TIN for a new business she started and the IRS said she couldn't get another number.

Would she use the same TIN for different businesses?
When doing taxes, is it just a matter of filling out separate Sched. C for each business?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.