Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 19
On another discussion board that is only for tax professionals, the topic of firing clients comes up from time to time. And this time of year (as in the first half of April), is one time you can generally count on the topic coming up.

Anyway, I just heard my favorite "firing" line. Doubt if I'd ever have the courage to use it, though.

"Dear Client: Sometimes I wonder how this office would be able to function without having you as a client. Beginning tomorrow, we're going to find out."

--Peter
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I love it!! Thanks for brightening what has been a very long day!

Ira
I gained a new client today, because he was upset with his prior preparer who told him he had to file an extension. Schedule C for a small business and 6 rental properties. It will be ready for him to sign and me to transmit on Wednesday morning when I'm back in toffice. It would be ready tomorrow, except I'm working in the other office then.
I'm ready to fire my accountant.

I have a personal return - granted, with stocks and charitable donations and IRA's - but nothing special. then I have a LLC with ONE rental property. I put all my numbers on spreadsheets and spend an hour with her at the beginning, explaining it all.

I dropped off paperwork in February.

She finally had my taxes done - yesterday. 5-6 weeks later. After I called and yelled at the poor secretary as to why my return seems to end up at the bottom of the pile week after week after week.

What The Freakin' Heck, as my son would say.

She did this last year, too, said she had to load "special software" - just for an LLC? And again - why not do it when I brought the stuff in, instead of doing everyone else's taxes first?

So what do you think? Guess I could do 'em myself, but I don't WANT to, and Turbo-Business plus State software costs as much as paying the accountant.

Frustrating watching April dawn and wondering if they'll be done in time, when I went IN FEBRUARY.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I'm ready to fire my accountant.

Past performance is an indicator of future performance.

Find a new accountant for 2013. She is making it clear that she doesn't want your business.
No. of Recommendations: 2
During divorce proceedings, my (ex)wife was fired by her divorce lawyer and had to find a new one.

brucedoe