Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Everyone,

Im trying to fund the Ameritrade account, but found that wire transfer is very expensive ($45USD)... I was trying to send it via Online transfer (but the bank cannot re direct to My Ameritrade account (via Online)...ie. You have to deposit first to a Global Ameritrade Account, then re direct to your personal account)...

What would be the cheapest way to fund the account? How is everyone doing this?

rgds
Valuelight
Print the post Back To Top
Cheapest way? Mail in a check, and wait 2+ weeks.

I'm pretty sure most people fund their accounts that way.

But for more info you should ask on the Brokers board:
http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=100146
Is this from a foreign bank?

They have free online ACH transfers but I believe it is only allowed for US bank transfers. Otherwise you will have to send a check.
Valuelight,

You wrote, What would be the cheapest way to fund the account? How is everyone doing this?

Back when my Ameritrade account was a Datek account, I used to have my bill payer send them a check for $200/month. I just listed the account number as my user ID. Deposits always showed up within a couple of days of the scheduled delivery date. My financial situation has prevented me from continuing these contributions for the past couple of years; but I assume Ameritrade continues this practice.

I'm pretty sure I initially funded the account with a check from my checking account.

- Joel