No. of Recommendations: 0
My retirement savings are currently invested in:
1. A traditional Rollover IRA
2. Employer-sponsored 401k plan
3. A brokerage account

I expect to receive about $50K this year and $100K next year, in addition to my regular earnings, and would like to invest it in a tax-advantaged retirement account like a 401K or IRA. The problem is I can't transfer a large, lump sum of money into these accounts. I can contribute up to about $23K per year into my 401K and $6K per year into my IRA.

Are there options for investing a large, lump sum that will grow tax-deferred (like a traditional IRA) or tax-free (like a Roth IRA)?

Thank you for your help!
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.