No. of Recommendations: 0
I pose for consideration, now while volatility is relatively low, that traders think through what they would do (if anything) to take advantage of a spike in the major indices post election but pre-market open Wednesday.

I am not saying that it will occur, but there is the potential for a big surge or purge (and I don't have a clue which election outcomes would garner what market direction) pre-market Wednesday.

I suggest for people to think it through while calmer markets exist so that fear and greed are at a minimum compared to what one might experience on a big spike in volatility should it occur.

If the election results turn out to be a ho-hum market response, nothing is lost but the time spent in considering possible strategies.

In addition to voter results, may be a black swan moment that I've not heard discussed (thus the label),: what if the election results are widely refused to be certified?

Again not projecting any of these events will occur, but I have found the best times to contemplate strategies, for me, are not in the throes of fear or greed (both of which are often difficult to discern as occurring in real time).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.