No. of Recommendations: 0
I have about $600 in a 501(c) TSA. Contributions were made prior to 1992-1994. I have about $8000 in a 403(b). Contributions were made 1995-1998. I am currently in a situation (due to illness and disability) in which I had no tax liability for 1999, and expect 2000 to be the same. I would like to find a way to roll these over into Roth IRAs while my tax rate is so low. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so, a discount broker who understands 403(b)s and 501(c)s well enough to let me do it? The relevant IRS handbook seems to say that it is possible to do this, but Firstrade will only roll over 401ks. I would like to be well-informed before I contact Equivest and Lincoln Financial Group with requests to roll funds over. The IRS handbook mentions that you need a "qualifying event" to roll over a 403(b), and I am hoping that becoming disabled will qualify.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.