Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Is there any way I can wipe the slate clean and start over now that I better unuderstand how CAPS works? I've made some stupid choices that can't be undone, so they will follow me forever, thus keeping my rating low (I once was over 99!)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sid,

Good score (better than mine) but all those negative closed picks put you in an accuracy hole that would take ages to climb out of. I can understand why you would want to abandon.

But, CAPS isn't a game where winning means anything. It is (to me anyway), a great place to act as an analyst, test theories, and learn from mistakes. So, while you can perhaps create a new user and start again, you might be better served just trying to improve from where you are. It won't get you to the top 10 to be sure, but I would bet that all-star (>80) status would be obtainable over time.

TMFHelical
Community Analyst Team
Well the simplest solution would be to create a new profile. with a thousand some picks under you belt, I think that's probably for the best.
No. of Recommendations: 1
May be you should keep the stupid ones. I started playing about 2 years ago and again made some stupid decisions. For example I saw a share that I reckoned would eventually implode e.g. Crocs but knew there would be a fair bit of upside for a while. I should have waited to call underperform. Instead I picked straight away and watched it kill my score. When it did fall I didn't get a great score out of it. The stupid scores remind you not to do that again.
I want to make it into the top 10% despite these early messes.

The whole thing has been very educational if a little confusing at times. I was near 90% in the ratings just a few weeks ago, dropped to under 20% recently and am back over 60% today. My accuracy hasn't changed much while my score is above the zero mark i.e I am beating the S&P average.

I find it hard to believe I am that contrarian and everybody else is on a different path.

Still I knew next to nothing about US shares (I live in Ireland) two years ago and I have a much better understanding now. I'm even starting to reverse my real losses over the past 12 months even though the market is very bearish.
I agree . . . I'd love to start over, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. No matter what I try, the system spots me as an exiting player. (Sigh)