No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello all, a long weekend has concluded and I find myself back at the salt mine. Miriam how was the skiing? I have but 5 lousy days until I can get up there myself!! And am I really the only one around here under 25? Well now I'm feeling young! Happy Monday everyone

Jeremy
Print the post Back To Top
Hello all, a long weekend has concluded and I find myself back at the salt mine. Miriam how was the skiing? I have but 5 lousy days until I can get up there myself!! And am I really the only one around here under 25? Well now I'm feeling young! Happy Monday everyone

Jeremy

Ski Report will be out on Wednesday morning.

Yup, you're the youngster of the bunch. We have one between 25 and thirty and the rest of us are all grown up.

Miriam
...wish I could ski every day...
No. of Recommendations: 1
We have one between 25 and thirty and the rest of us are all grown up.

Speak for yourself, grannie! (c: I, for one, refuse to grow up ... no matter how many grey hairs I accumulate.

Hugs!
t.
I, for one, refuse to grow up ... no matter how many grey hairs I accumulate.

Amen!! I agree, except instead of grey hairs I have to worry about this silly receding hairline thing!
Speak for yourself, grannie!

Hey, that's Nazi ski mama, not grannie!

Here's the contents of a post I put on another board a couple of days ago, check the signature line below:

Here are the things I do for friends that come in to ski from out of state:

1) Pick them up at DIA.

2) Put them up at my house. I have a guest room with two twin beds in it. I also have three bloodhounds that live downstairs. That's where the TV is.

3) Feed them. I like beef, myself. Builds muscle.

4) Drive them up the hill when I am going. Mostly on weekends, but sometimes other days.

5) Ski with them at their level as long as I can bear it. This is a very selfish problem that I have, but I'm working on it. I am taking up snowboarding this year, so I'll definitely be on groomed runs part of the time.

6) Locate the best prices on lift tickets and equipment. I am really good at this too. That's one of the reasons I'm publishing a ski report.

Now here are the things that I think my friends should do:

1) Pay the toll for going to DIA and back.

2) Be nice to my dogs. They are lemon brains.

3) Buy beer.

4) Pay for some of the gas for the car. We all know what's happened to gas prices.

5) Come to Colorado to ski. There are better places to party, like Houston or something. Your skill level does NOT matter. Everyone was a never-ever once. It's a personal journey.

6) Pay for your own lift tickets and equipment.

One last thing, everyone riding with me needs to be ready to go and in the car by 6:00 AM. I have this down to a fine art and I get really annoyed when I get stuck in traffic. Having separate cars and/or going in on a condo in Summit County solves this problem.

Miriam
...the Nazi ski mama...
Amen!! I agree, except instead of grey hairs I have to worry about this silly receding hairline thing!

My husband, the 31 year old, has a serious issue in that area.

Miriam
...the long-haired one...
Holy caca! I just reached for the phone to call you ... then, of course, I noted that I don't even KNOW you, let alone your phone number! Bloodhounds? Three! OMG! They're like ... like ... Basset Hounds with legs! I grew up with Bassets and my goal was to eventually get a Bloodhound from a breed rescue one day. Well, love at first sight (bad day at work, combined with a trip to the humane society) got in the way ... but someday I'll have a hound or two in my life.

1) Pick them up at DIA.

That there brands you as a TRUE friend. Indeedy.

Gosh, I'll do all the stuff you expect of friends and you don't have to either pick me up at DIA or feed me.

Have you ever had Black Butte Porter? (Oregon holdover, sorry! Breckenridge Porter is ok ... but no substitute)

Hugs!
t.
btw, here's who got in the way of a Hound affair:

www.geocities.com/yellow_suburban/tango.jpg

and getting used to Colorado

www.geocities.com/yellow_suburban/tangosnow2.jpg

Hugs n stuff
t.
Ski with them at their level as long as I can bear it. This is a very selfish problem that I have

I went to school in Nebraska so most of my friends are from nebraska and hence have not skiied much, which is fine but I get very tired of skiing with them for very long. Especially when the don't listen to me!!

everyone riding with me needs to be ready to go and in the car by 6:00 AM. I have this down to a fine art and I get really annoyed when I get stuck in traffic

Again as most of my friends are from Nebraska they have no concept of what traffic is, much less have any respect for it!!
Holy caca! I just reached for the phone to call you ... then, of course, I noted that I don't even KNOW you, let alone your phone number! Bloodhounds? Three! OMG! They're like ... like ... Basset Hounds with legs! I grew up with Bassets and my goal was to eventually get a Bloodhound from a breed rescue one day. Well, love at first sight (bad day at work, combined with a trip to the humane society) got in the way ... but someday I'll have a hound or two in my life.

You're giving me a good chuckle. My bloodhounds are the best! If/when you get ready to bring one into your life, just let me know - I know the rescue people around these parts. Maybe your current canine needs some company while he's at home alone? They also need people to do fostering, but that's a different kind of commitment and you pretty much need to have an at home kind of job. Someday I'm gonna start doing that, I hope.

1) Pick them up at DIA.

That there brands you as a TRUE friend. Indeedy.

Gosh, I'll do all the stuff you expect of friends and you don't have to either pick me up at DIA or feed me.

You want to ski? Let's ski! Have you got a pass yet?

Have you ever had Black Butte Porter? (Oregon holdover, sorry! Breckenridge Porter is ok ... but no substitute)

Hugs!
t.

As for the beer, if it's free beer it's good beer! If you're a connosieur (sp?), you can probably teach me a thing or two.

Miriam
http://www.geocities.com/mfpetlovers/hounddog.html
btw, here's who got in the way of a Hound affair:

www.geocities.com/yellow_suburban/tango.jpg

and getting used to Colorado

www.geocities.com/yellow_suburban/tangosnow2.jpg

Hugs n stuff
t.

Cool pics

Miriam: Ski with them at their level as long as I can bear it. This is a very selfish problem that I have

Grateful: I went to school in Nebraska so most of my friends are from nebraska and hence have not skiied much, which is fine but I get very tired of skiing with them for very long. Especially when the don't listen to me!!

What! They don't want to listen to you! They're having too much fun. Just stick 'em at the base of peak eight and tell them that you'll meet them for lunch. Then you can hike with us to the top of seven and ski the beautiful bowls.

Miriam: everyone riding with me needs to be ready to go and in the car by 6:00 AM. I have this down to a fine art and I get really annoyed when I get stuck in traffic

Grateful: Again as most of my friends are from Nebraska they have no concept of what traffic is, much less have any respect for it!!

Do you think that maybe this fits in somehow with the partying problem? They can't get up in the morning if they've been up drinking until 2:00 in the morning.

Miriam
...what to do?
Do you think that maybe this fits in somehow with the partying problem? They can't get up in the morning if they've been up drinking until 2:00 in the morning.

This is a very good point. However, I still blame them, if I can do it anyone can! Maybe I will have to be more gentle with those wimpy midwesterners I call friends!

Jeremy

No. of Recommendations: 3
.... Again as most of my friends are from Nebraska...........

I'm still trying to get used to this concept: There are people in Nebraska?????????

All this time I thought it was one huge farm.........

YodaCO
-From New England & will admit the CO Slopes have New England beat, tho' Killington in VT remains "the best skiing east of the Mississippi!"

<<grey hairs>>

L'Oreal Colorspa Casting

Kath
"That's all I have to say about that" Forrest Gump

<<L'Oreal Colorspa Casting>>

Uhhhh, animal testing. But never fear, I found some that doesn't! Now I'm an unnatural redhead. Fun!

Hugs,
t.
I'm still trying to get used to this concept: There are people in Nebraska?????????

All this time I thought it was one huge farm.........

Your not very far off, that is why the day after they gave me a degree I got the heck outta there! You may not believe this but they do have a place called NebraSKI, I never attended but here it was quite the mountain!! Ha ha

From New England & will admit the CO Slopes have New England beat, tho' Killington in VT remains "the best skiing east of the Mississippi!"

I grew up in good old Manchester, NH before traveling to the land of the mighty Huskers.

No. of Recommendations: 3
I grew up in good old Manchester, NH before traveling to the land of the mighty Huskers.

I call Claremont, NH "home" and it's where I attended 5th-12th grade, graduated from one of the oldest (1857) High Schools in the country, Stevens High. My sister went to Hesser College in "The Queen City" many years ago........

YodaCo
-a "military refugee" who may eventually call Colorado home
Tattled tootru:

AAAARRRRRGH! Stop torturing me! =8^)

(Gotta run to Total Beverage, and see if they're carrying BBP)

Scottie
<<Amen!! I agree, except instead of grey hairs I have to worry about this silly receding hairline thing!>>

Grateful2476,

It's not receding, you're just outgrowing it!

Steven