No. of Recommendations: 2
How wonderful, Puck--and good on Andi!

I've been to France 3x, but probably the first trip was my fave. DD was attending the Sorbonne during her junior year in college. She met us at DeGaulle and we rented a car. We spent her spring break week driving a big oval around France. I planned the trip with the help of several guidebooks (notable Rick Steves) and I friend who had been recently, and have to say no bad decisions. Fab food everywhere, whether white-tablecloth for dinner, bakery/deli for lunch, or farmer's market for picnic fare. Interesting variety of hotels and inns. We stayed in Paris for a second week when DD was back in school. We stayed with her host family.

We skipped some famous sites that were of less interest to us (no Versailles, almost no Avignon--but we spent a day or so in Arles), but hit somme lesser-known high spots for us...the cave paintings at Les Eyzies, the Provencal back country (stayed in Gordes, Carcasonne).

Second trip DD was living an Anger on the Loire teaching English. We did a small oval through Brittany and Normandy and along the Loire during her spring break.

Third trip, DH had a conference in Bordeaux, so I was on my own sight-seeing for a few days. Lovely small city. Incredible food. We also walked in the rain in Paris on that trip.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.