No. of Recommendations: 2
Howard,

I totally agree with what you bolded. I tend to drag it up and down the credit spectrum and across maturity range.

Charlie may be able to find places to put money to work in the bond market but I don't see the reward for the risk. Well, I do believe there is value that can be found in almost every portion of a market cycle. The real answer is I don't see the reward for the work relative to the risk. I don't spend enough time turning over bond rocks to be able to do the quick assessment and wing shoot; it is simply not cost effective shopping for me right now.

Then again I keep the tip of my nose in the game, watch the box scores but for most of the last decade I have not seen enough to drag me deep into the game. Pick and pluck a few, try to keep the rust of the skills. Its hard for me to keep me focused when the 10 year is well below 6%.

Easy and lazy is the road I go. You work too hard. Then again I suspect you like the work.

jack
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.