Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
What do most companies do when shareholder confidence drops into the toilet? They dump the CEO and find someone the market supports! Could it be that the market is not buying the direction that Jansen is leading WCG and that a change is needed? Howard keeps pounding home is message (it's all the market/economies fault) but WCG continues to drop. Has anyone else noticed that the latest slide has not been shared by Level3 or XO? It has been reserved for WCG. I like Howard, but I like a portfolio that is not RED even better.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 8
Re:Has anyone else noticed that the latest slide has not been shared by Level3 or XO? It has been reserved for WCG/

XO Communcations
High --- 88.25
Low ---- 3.45
Now ---- 4.08 Down 95.4%

Level3 Communications
High --- 40.12
Low ---- 1.23
Now ---- 1.63 Down 96.0%

Williams CommunicationsHigh
High --- 30.12
Low ---- 1.69
Now ---- 1.91 Down 94.7%

Looks pretty similar to me !
way to go Snickalfritz!

Keep the naysayers honest.
I did my part today by rounding out my first 1000 shares and becomming a member in good standing of the Grand Club. Now if only the check doesn't bounce.

Rabble
Snickalfritz, you took the stats right out of my mouth! Didn't realize L3 was now below WCG, glad to know somebody is, I guess! *wry smile* Seriously, I think that the truth will begin to be told when the recovery starts. The good companies will rise with the tide. The bad ones will be drowned. I think WCG, whatever short term problems it has, also has the cash reserves, infrastructure, and people that it takes to make it, and I have put my money where my mouth is.

Camille
Greetings! Rabble:

Such honesty! I am delighted!

And may the Force be with you as well as our little gem here.

Keep FOOLing Around!

Michael / Pp
Greetings! Camille,Rabble and Snickalfritz:

Hopefully there are more people out there owning Williams Com than just the four of us. If so....too bad for them!

It is nice to see some alignments as we all get ready to watch Gladiator of the Market. The results, will no doubt astound many a person, and lead to more crying... But I donot feel that we will need a hanky at all.

I have another stock....which the " Talking-Heads " slammed today...and I simply take it as a time to buy. One must always keep in mind, that the " market " is a business, and most analyst are....Sales-people. When markets are in the " Dumps "....the whip cracks...and the stimulation of buys and sells begins. Notice I didn't say Buy and Hold, although it does have its merit. But Buy and Hold, does not make the Financial Houses any money...especially in down-periods.

If you have a (good company); And I feel that we do with WCG...You can ignore the "sky is falling" and take care of business.

It is a terrible analogy..." But when there is blood in the street-(Wall)...you should always Repeat the stocks you feel strongly about.

Keep FOOLing Around!

Michael / Pp
Now, don't mistake what I said. I said the recent slide (last few days). WCG was falling and they were not (or not as bad). And it just so happens that Howard was on a investors tour when we went under $2.00.

I like WCG. I have a lot invested in them. I just have to wonder why it is that our stock is taking a beating when at the same time Howard is telling the world that we are well funded, executing as planned, and perfectly positioned to be a big player. He has even said that WCG is better positioned (fiber in the ground and customer based) than Level3, and yet the finacial world has them valued above us.

It may be naive of us to blame it ALL on the market.

By the way, your numbers for Level3 and XO are mixed up. LVLT is at $4.15, XO is at $1.63.
Perhaps this would be a great time for Howard and the boy's on top to make a big purchase of WCG. This would put some teeth to Howard's press statement. A purchase of 10,000 shares would be nice to see. If there not buying at this price;I hope there not waiting for it to go any lower.
Greetings! Camille,Rabble and Snickalfritz:

Hopefully there are more people out there owning Williams Com than just the four of us. If so....too bad for them!

PlatoPlus,

Hey, I resemble that remark. I have 2398 shares, and options for more than that. I guess that qualifies.

But if you guys are the only ones holding stock, and I work for WCG, I know what to call you. Boss.

Beth
I believe that when an executive tells the media and his shareholders something, it needs to be the truth as he sees it at the time. In this era of lawsuits he's got to know the sharks will be all over him if he purposefully misrepresents his company. Only analysts can do that!
Re: By the way, your numbers for Level3 and XO are mixed up. LVLT is at $4.15, XO is at $1.63.
I was dealing in real time numbers at the time I posted. I do type slowly so I may have been a few minutes behind. It was not the closing prices.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Of course, the SEC might not like it if Howard would buy 10,000 shares and then issue a letter like he did yesterday.

BWRobin