No. of Recommendations: 2
However, at this point all that VL has done was go after a website selling a product without an agreement or liscense. If they try to come over here and stop Radish or the posting then a very different issue will occur. At that time IMO it might be the time to go after those weasels or come up with workaround. But until that happens, I wouldn't worry, or become too reactionary

mjcalab wrote:
Reminds me of the worlds response to the Nazi's "final solution."

<sarcasm>yeah, it's just like that.</sarcasm>

I agree with you, the two are nothing alike and that's an understatement. But I didn't say they were. No matter, I used that example only to get an idea across, obviously I failed. Moe's statement minimises what we think VL has done, blaming and excusing their action on false conclusions about what Gerry has done, thus making what ever happens to Gerry, his own fault and none of our business. Then he unnecessarily calls them names and indicates that if they did a similar thing to us then we would be justified to go after them.

I don't believe Moe meant to do this. I'm sure he believes that we don't want anything to happen to others that we wouldn't want to happen to us. We all make mistakes, as everyone may feel I am doing now, but Gerry appears to have his hands tied and is not allowed to ask for help though he may need it. I don't know if this is the case or not. The only honest and ethical approach I see open is to talk with VL now. How best to approach this so we don't kill what is going on here is our problem. This board can't hide from VL.

mjcalab
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.