Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
However in NL cash, all your decisions (the vast majority of which are in 20BB and less pots) are going to be overwhelmed by the decisions you make in the 200BB ones.

Possibly true, but not necessarily.

So if a hand has really no chance of winning you a 200BB pot, is it worth all the aggravation?

It can be -- if you are good about not playing 200BB pots with that hand.

---

None of the above is meant to be snide, though I'm sure it sounds that way. My general thoughts on AK: I use effective stacks of approx 50BBs as a dividing line. Below that, I'm very agressive and pretty happy to push all-in pre-flop. Post-flop I'm mostly fit or fold but usu willing to get it all-in if I flop TPTK. You probably are fine with that style from your tourney experience.

Above 50BBs I play it much more passively, looking to keep my hand disguised most of the time and trying to keep the pot relatively small. Hard to generalize much beyond that.

As always, post hands.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.