Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
However, it seems like there should be a clause in there for handling expenses in the event that one parent or another cannot meet his or her custody committment and that isn't what's happening. What is happening is that Imp is having to buy all of the food as well. . .

I dunno, you can buy a lot of mac-and-cheese, or goulash, or doc's co-pays, for the price of lawyer fees. On top of that, EVEN if she gets the clause you suggest added, and EVEN if DN violates it, at best she probably ends up as one of the thousands of ex-wives with orders of support and judgments, but no money. Unless she has a premonition that DN's going to hit the PowerBall, I'd probably save the money up front in attorneys' fees, and take my chances with arguing "changed circumstances" to the court, as she plans to, down the road.

martybl - see previous disclaimer, plus I have no advance knowledge of the PowerBall jackpot.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.