Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
However, the problem seems to be that I also wouldn't know how to fill out the Form 2441 longhand either, since it only provides SPACES for two providers. I didn't have just two providers. Especially since I had two kids, with 2-3 providers each.

I cannot be the only person with this problem. But I'm rather aggravated with the issue.

No doubt, which is why the instructions for the Form tell you what to do when there are more than two providers: attach a statement with the needed information for the other providers. And that's why you can't e-file with more than two providers.

What I'd LIKE is to get the full credit, with the providers down to two.

If you can get to $6,000 of expenses with only two providers, do it. The only things you have to accomplish on the 2441 are:

1. Account for the $5,000; and
2. Show an additional $1,000 of allowable expenses.

Beyond that there's no purpose for the additional information.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.