No. of Recommendations: 2
However, there is some dispute about whether buying a stock at P/S 25 will return greater rewards than a NTNX at 5.

I'd rather buy the "same" stock at $5 than at $10, but whatever the current price, we don't know what the future brings. Will not buying at $10 be a missed opportunity? Will buying at $10 see the stock fall to $5? If you can give me good odds this discussion makes sense, otherwise it doesn't.

If you have a truly long term horizon the only thing that matters is the quality of the business, the business model. Short term portfolios will be battered by volatility. What counts then is survival, will the stock bounce back? What killed my dot.com portfolio were the non-bouncers: Global Crossing, Global Star...

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.