Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Howie, although you didn't ask me I would like to share what my husband and I did. For many years we paid PITI to the lender. The thing is that they would always be late sending the taxes or they would miscalculate and we would have to cough up more money immediately for the shortage. Finally we had had enough. We took that job away from the lender and dealt with it on our own. We were able to deal with the county and find out projected taxes and pay those. Anyone can do that as long as they pay at least 20% down. At least that is what I understand even today.

I no longer have a mortgage so I just deal directly with the county and they want to be paid once a year in early December. Homeowner's insurance is paid every six months. I like being in charge and increasing the amount in my personal impound account if the taxes go up.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.