No. of Recommendations: 0
We got a lot of snow here in Queens, NYC. Snowbound cars abound (seen from the window) and some people are struggling with shoveling. I'm about ready to get dressed and pickup some milk and other basics from around the corner.

$IQ
Print the post Back To Top
I'm at work. I got here in less than 30mins. Just one of the great things about living in the inner-city.

Crazyinlovefool
I'm at work. I got here in less than 30mins. Just one of the great things about living in the inner-city.

Crazyinlovefool, bummer you had to work on President's Day, but glad it wasn't so arduous for you going in. You're one of the few, the proud, the brave. :) (just needed an excuse to use that in a civilian context!)

$IQ
It's tough to tell exactly how much has fallen.

There are parts of the driveway and front stoop where there is no (!) snow on the ground (wind-tunnel effect), and then the end by the street has a four-foot deep drift--and we haven't even been plowed yet.

The back deck has 18"-24".

Nuyawkr
(Whitestonian)
I'm on W. 89th.

Street hasn't been plowed. Car tracks look to be about 2 ft. It's still coming down strong here.

Haven't ventured out yet. Thankfully restaurants still delivering!
http://masonvilleny.homestead.com/files/NewSnow.jpg

The lamps on my front deck are getting covered up and it hasn't abated yet.
Looks like I won't make it down to my goldfish pond for yet another week or so.
Now I just need to be alert and keep those snowmobilers off my property!

Happy shoveling!

Grumpy
We got about 2 feet here on Long Island, and I've got the sore muscles to prove it!

Arrgh!

I gots to git me one of them new-fangled snow blower thingies. :-)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
We got about 2 feet here on Long Island, and I've got the sore muscles to prove it!

What?? Did you just learn to walk with those 2 feet??? Oh snow - nevermind.

Odee
-never regretted my snow blower thingie, in fact my neighbor was admiring the fact mine was bigger LOL!
-never regretted my snow blower thingie, in fact my neighbor was admiring the fact mine was bigger LOL!

Well, to be honest...

I borrowed my neighbor's snow blower, and this morning she called me up to tell me that I'm welcome to use hers anytime I want.

So perhaps, I don't need to go out and buy one?

:-)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
What, did you folks in the southeastern part of the state get some snow finally? ;-)
No. of Recommendations: 2
About 18" here. Snow that is............ ;)

I am so looking forward to SPRING!!!!!!

Here in upstate NY, my deck has snow up to my hips ... my car this morning had about 16" on it. I hear there may be more coming on Monday!