Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I was wondering if any of the tax professionals here work or have worked for H&R Block? I worked there for a couple seasons back in the early 80s when I first graduated from college. Now that I'm sort of semi-retired I'm thinking about doing it again and I'm curious how it is to work for them these days? I do remember one thing I didn't like about working there was that I always worked alone. That made me responsible for answering the phone, scheduling appointments, greeting clients, keeping the coffee pot full and coffee supplies stocked while also trying to efficiently and accurately prepare tax returns on paper with a half dozen or so walk-ins sitting there waiting their turn (some loudly grumbling about the long wait). Oh, and periodically one of the two radio stations we were allowed to play in the office would start playing loud and annoying static so I would have to get out the ladder (no remote) and climb up there to change to the other station. I think I'm talking myself out of it, but maybe my experience was unique to that office. I imagine they must use computers now, so at least that's a plus. Any comments about the current work situation would be welcome.

Thanks,
Gina
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.