No. of Recommendations: 0

Reiterating a couple other earlier posts here.

Consider High Speed Access Corp. - HSAC.

It's viewed by some as being in a similar position to ATHM just over a year ago.

I nibbled last week with the intention of seeing how this one would behave. The thing took off like a shot. It gapped up slightly on Friday on a spike in volume. I'm debating whether to grab more before it goes through the clouds and out of sight. I'm a little gun shy about averaging up here after taking a couple sucker punches recently in some other names but this one looks promising.

The Fool snapshot says:

High Speed Access Corp. is a provider of high speed internet access via cable modem and traditional dial-up services to residential and commercial end users in exurban areas (fewer than 100,000 homes passed). HSAC also rents cable modems to its endusers.

The story is more compelling than the above description. HSAC offers what amounts to turnkey broadband service overlays to local cable companies. These systems enable local cable companies to offer broadband data services to their customers. A key selling point is HSAC runs the data portion of the service without requiring the cable companies to become internetworking experts.

Some impressive names are putting money into this company (e.g., MSFT, CSCO, Vulcan Ventures, Com21, Saloon Gal <g>).

Is anyone else in?

Thanks,
Peter

Long ATHM, CSCO, HSAC

HSAC closed 9 Jul 99 @ 47.6875 up 8.5625

</Another Cable Broadband Play>
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.