Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
http://www.fool.com/specials/2003/03031301sp.htm

Congratulations to all of the nominees. We had another incredible group of contributors this year. They are all representative of what a fine community you have all built together. Quality attracts quality.

Unfortunately, we regret to announce the there is no Feste Third Class with Palm Cluster award this year. We do intend to have one though, just as soon as the palm tree we planted in the backyard at FoolHQ grows large enough to yield said cluster. We hope you can wait.

Thank you.

Bogey

I can understand TMF's position in not awarding The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster this year because of the paucity of entrants: one. It seems that no one else posting at TMF wanted this award being too busy aiming for The Feste.

However, I am not bitter about not receiving The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster for the second year. My sourness is tempered by the simple fact that The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster is itself a sign of rejection and being rejected for being rejected makes, in my mind, a cancellation of negatives and that in fact I have won.

The winner of The Feste Award and runners up are a Motley crew of excellent posters paddling the TMF boat into better waters; as the putative winner of The Other Award I stand on the bank shouting helpful comments. I have therefore a place in the TMF world even if I stand there acting as a bollard.

So this farrago is now over for another year. My thanks in my campaign are to Raggmopp and his Feisty Frenetic Cheerleaders for adding their effort: that it achieved nothing is neither here nor there. It was a fine try done under exceedingly hard circumstances mainly brought about by the candidate, me, not trying hard enough to merit their endeavor. I should have posted more blather, more inconsequentialities, a greater logorrhea of scrolly posts (as this one which is a bit late, isn't it?).

In the upcoming Feste Award competition, a year on, I shall not try for The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster since even this is beyond my capabilities. I shall try for The Feste Award Fourth Class with Gold Braid, a lesser award to be sure yet since the main requirement for it is body temperature I may, repeat may, have a chance.

MichaelR

To Bogey, Tom and David: again, this year, thank you for letting me have fun with The Feste.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.