No. of Recommendations: 1
Print the post Back To Top
One of the things I noticed and liked when looking at last quarter's conference call and slides was that they reported a significant increase in the company's net promoter score.

This is a metric that measures how likely, on a scale of 0-10, a customer would be to recommend a company's services or products to a friend or colleague. Scores of 9 and 10 are "promoters", scores of 7-8 are passive, and scores of 0-6 are detractors. It's done via a survey and the score is percent of promoters minus percent of detractors, so the range is -100% to +100%. Netflix, for instance, has a net promoter score in the +90% range.

Hertz reported a YoY increase of 490 basis points (4.9 percentage points) to +51.1%. An increase is a really good sign.

http://www.netpromoter.com/np/calculate.jsp

Cheers,
Jim
No. of Recommendations: 0
As a frequent Hertz user (our company has an account with them) I noticed that as of recent they started to frequently run out of cars... Now, I'm sure that's at least in part driven by recently increased travel activity and, perhaps, their push to be more efficient, but what kind of car rental company does not have enough cars?..
but what kind of car rental company does not have enough cars?

If it's only been a recent trend, my answer would be, "One that is seeing a fairly sharp uptick in demand." That may help validate Jim's rationale for the pick.

Fletch
The question is, do they completely run out of cars or just the ones of a particular size. And if it's the latter, do they then upgrade the customer at no additional cost? That kind of customer care would make me more likely to come back and recommend them.

Cheers,
Jim
I've made 3 business trips this year so far and in 2 cases they did not have any cars available, period. I had to rent from National/Budget instead. My colleagues had similar experience, so now we are thinking about opening another company account with someone else...