Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am so sick and tired of these drug issues in sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/news?slug=ap-ioc-doping&prov=ap&type=lgns

<snip>

The Hungarian gold medalist in the men's discus was stripped of his title Tuesday for allegedly tampering with a drug test, a Hungarian team spokesman said.

Robert Fazekas, who won the discus on Monday night with an Olympic record throw of 232 feet, 8 inches, was disqualified by the International Olympic Committee executive board, team spokesman Deszo Vad said.

He is the second athlete in two days to lose a gold medal for doping. Russian shot putter Irina Korzhanenko's gold was recalled Monday after she tested positive for steroids.

<end of snip>

I have no sympathy for these people. I am still waiting for the moment they announce Marion Jones has been taking drugs. This really tarnishes sport.

I understand the pressure on these athletes to do their best, but they really aren't if they are using drugs.

Charlie

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.