Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
HUnzi, thanks for your story. I know of two women in my life who grew up abused by their fathers and it has certainly made their relationships with men very difficult for them. One ended up very promiscuous and has had literally hundreds of guys, and the other, whose father is probably the worst monster I have ever heard of, luckily married a wonderful guy and is happy and safe.

I will probably never ever understand why some men do these things. It just doesnt make sense at all.

And there is a third woman, who I have recently gotten too involved with who is in real big trouble because she refuses to deal with what her father did to her, and the fact that her mother did nothing but blame her for it. Very very sad, and something I have no clue as what to do to help her. If I had remained only a friend, I could have been some help, but I got way too close and no longer can.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.