Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
HWCC seems most promising to me

I vote for HWCC also. It seems like a really great business although one that could very well have seen it's cyclical peak in 2006. It will be able to weather a recession better than most but will no doubt be affected. You may be able to buy this cheaper when and if that recession hits but for a long term purchase, or a short term one if the US economy stays strong for another 12 months or so, this looks like a good choice.

Besides the recessionary risk, I have a couple other concerns. First the high growth they experienced in 2006 may be stretching their processes a little thin. They have many new issues to deal with being newly public and growing their revenue that much without a corresponding increase in people, plant and systems. My second concern is they seem terribly occupied with pleasing Wallstreet. They went to great lengths on their last earnings call to explain every penny of EPS that should be or shouldn't be included in the year over year comparisons and why it all boils down to them being a growth company rather than a cyclical one. They are what they are and I would rather see them concerned about managing their long term health than their short term image.

Thanks for posting your candidates and process.

-Jim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.