Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone own one or is anyone considering owning one?

I'm not really a big fan of the looks of any of the current hybrids on the market (Prius & Insight are the only two that come to mind), but Ford is planning on making a Ranger and an Escape hybrid within the next year or two. And a Civic hybrid is supposedly on the way.

With gas prices going higher and higher and tensions being as they are in the middle east, it seems like the next year could be a big year for hybrids. The carmakers just need to make them look more like real cars and not like, well the Insight.

I drive a Civic right now and wouldn't mind getting 40 or 50 miles to the gallon as opposed to the 25 to 27 I get right now. I couldn't imagine driving something that gets 12 to 15mpg, the cost must be exorbitant.

Doesn't Volkswagen also have a Jetta or Golf that's a Hybrid?

I'm kind of curious as to what kind of acceleration, power, reliability these vehicles have.

BZ1
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.