Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I actually am a new CAPS player and I'm not really playing per-se; rather I'm using CAPS to help track stocks that I own or am considering owning.

CAPS can be great for you. The notebooking features of the 'game' are excellent for following stocks that you own or are interested in. Write a pitch describing why you bought something. Review it periodically or when there is news and reply to your pitch with that information / opinion. Note other opinions and record notes on them. Use your blog to record your own thoughts on your investments. Note what went right or wrong.

You may not find yourself 'winning' the game part of CAPS, but years from now you'll have a great history of your own investing opinions.

TMFHelical
Big CAPS fan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.