Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I actually own BAC and MI, my sweetheart owns C, and my Mom owns both BAC and C.

If I were looking to buy shares in a bank today, I might consider Wells Fargo WFC. Have you considered them? Where do they stand on the complaint list?

I keep spreadsheet info for 30 U.S. banks and S&Ls - a subset of those covered by Value Line. My spreadsheet likes WFC over BBT, but I have to admit that it is not by much... BBT would be a good choice today.

BAC is not a bad choice either today, by the way. It rates just a little behind WFC and BBT. To BAC's credit, Value Line expects them to grow dividends faster than the other two (9.5% vs 8% for BBT and 7.5% for WFC). If dividend growth is very important to you, then BAC may be the best choice. My spreadsheet gives the nod to WFC primarily based on where WFC's price stands today versus where Value Line expects the prices to be 3-5 years from now.

I don't personally put too much stock in complaints. I would put even less stock in it where the banks are regional, as patterns of complaining may not be uniform across regions. Not that I would go out on a limb and describe any region of our fair country as having more than their share of complainers... ;-)

Best wishes,
DB Bob
Peace on Earth
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.