No. of Recommendations: 1
I adhere to FtLaudInvestor request. I´m also looking for guidance to learn more about investing and finances.

My background though is a little more basic. I've worked for a financial websites a few years and learned the basics of the stock market there. Although i haven't done much, i just watched for me sidelines :)

A few years ago my stake in that company was sold (along with the rest of the company :) and i found myself with a whole lot of cash and no idea of what to do with it. To avoid any mistakes i asked my bank (a NY Private Bank) to invest it for me. And it has been there ever since.

They chose to invest in a few of their funds and compared to the market perfomance (S&P) i haven't done bad, since this was 2001 and the market crashed, but my assets kept raising (very slowly though). Now that the good times seem to be back, the S&P is gaining on my portfolio's performance and i'm starting to wander whether i sould make any changes.

I don't mind giving more details but i won't put them here because i don't want to bore you. If anyone is so king to help and needs more info please ask!

Thanks

Tincho
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.